Bulgaria’s startup ecosystem has been developing strongly in the past 5 years. Many community groups and think tanks emerged, organizing events, startup competitions and startup accelerator programs. On the other hand Bulgaria is home to some very successful companies as VRay – rendering 3D and Telerik that has made the biggest exit in the whole CEE. The country managed to become a strong regional hub. Many entrepreneurs are attracted to the opportunity to tap into the available EU investment funds. This allowed the creation of three funds: LAUNCHub, Eleven Startup Accelerator and Neveq, a later stage investor.
- 9Academy: Business academy that meets young entrepreneurs with lecturers from various backgrounds in 9 different spheres of business.
- Silicon Drinkabout: The most popular networking platform for startup heroes IT professionals and successful ounders.
- Start IT Smart: A network of entrepreneur clubs, supporting young people in growing their own startup.
- ABLE: The Association of Bulgarian Leaders and Entrepreneurs.They are behind the Summer Entrepreneurship Program and Leader Talks platform.
- StartUP Bulgaria: One of the first entrepreneurial platforms. They hoisted the first accelerator programs, startup conferences and now are hosting the StartUp Talk and the StartUp Show formats.
- Hack Bulgaria: Hack Bulgaria is a platform for IT specialist. They host programming Hackathons and also provide high quality programing and IT courses.
- SoftUni: Software engineering school with one of the broadest ranges of training programs in IT in Bulgaria.
- BESCO: The association of Bulgaria’s startup and entrepreneurship organizations.
- National Youth Forum: The largest network of youth organizations, accounting for over 10 000 young entrepreneurs and young activists.
- Youth Business Club: A platform for young entrepreneurs thats bring successful founders and young leaders together. Holds several accelerator programs and startup camps.
- CEO Club: A networking and skill sharing platform for CEO’s and Angel investors.
- EDIT.bg: Mapping out the digital startups and the IT industry in Bulgaria. Publishes their reports freely.
- Dev.bg: The biggest community of IT specialists in Bulgaria. Engaging over 10 000 IT professionals each month.
- LaunchHub: An early stage VC fund, investing in the seed type of investment rounds.
- Eleven: Eleven have supported more than 150 startups from launch to growth. Also investing in seed space.
- Neveq: A later stage fund that invests mainly in enterprise applications software, infrastructure software as well as in web and mobile businesses.
- Founders Institute: The Founder Institute is one of the world’s top idea-stage accelerator and startup launch programs.
- Uspelite.bg: One of the most popular medias for the positive and successful leaders, projects and causes in Bulgaria.
- Big Companies actively forming the community
- Think Tanks
- Useful Links
Rights and obligations of shareholders and managers
Changes in the company
Trade representation office
Taxes for doing business in Bulgaria
Opening of a Bulgarian Trade Representative Office (TRO)
Liquidation of a Bulgarian company
Opening a company bank account in Bulgaria
Change to the company’s capital
Change of the company’s name